7.04.2013

Otherwise Occupied - Free July 4-6!

Otherwise Occupied, the continuation of Otherwise Alone is FREE on Amazon July 4-6th! What happens to Evan Arden as he tries to get back into his boss' favor while battling the demons of his past all at the same time? Will he manage to balance on the edge of sanity with the help of his favorite hooker, or go tumbling off the cliff? Make sure you grab your copy quickly, and please review when you're done!

Now for a quick teaser...

***
I popped open the bottle and took a long pull from it. Bridgett looked at me, and I was trying hard to figure out her expression. She seemed almost shy, and it wasn’t just her general newness to the oldest profession but something else.

Her cheeks suddenly darkened in a blush.

Holy shit.

You have to be kidding me.

She had some kind of crush on me, and now that I was paying attention, it was obvious. Take the girl off the streets where she’d been hurt and treat her nice for a few hours, and suddenly you were some kind of goddamned hero.

“We’re just fucking here, Bridgett,” I said darkly. I narrowed my eyes and tilted my head a little to the side.

She blinked a few times before licking her lips nervously.

“I…I know that. What do you mean?”

“You know exactly what I mean. You keep that shit up, and I’ll pass you over for another bitch. We clear?”

She nodded slowly. I could feel the tension rise in the room, and knew I had taken the whole warning thing overboard. I probably could have blamed it on the lack of sleep, but it still needed to be said. I didn’t want her thinking this hookup was going to change into something else.

“Good,” I said. I watched her as I drained the beer. “Now get in my bedroom and take your clothes off.”

No comments:

Post a Comment