7.14.2013

Help?

Okay - I don't normally do this, but due to a series of life events, I've been brought to a crossroads.

Um...Savy?  WTF are you babbling about?

I've been in corporate IT for nearly 20 years.  I used to get a lot out of it, loved my job and what I did, and I just don't anymore.  Couple that with finding what I really love doing -  torturing writing your beloved characters, and I've gotten to the point where I really need to make a decision.

Yeah, that's right.  I'm seriously considering quitting the corporate life of managing in the technology sector and trading it for writing full time.  Financially speaking, that's a little scary to say the least, and Mr. Savage has his (understandable) reservations.  For me to have a shot at this, I'm gonna need your help.

So, what do I need from you?

In a nutshell - pimp me.  Or more specifically, pimp my published stuff.  Tell your book clubs, your library, your local bookstore, you mom, grandmother, daughter, brother, co-worker, neighbor - whoever - to go and check them out.  Tweet me, retweet me, like my author's page on facebook, follow the blog, check out my website and let me know what I could do to improve it, review the books on Goodreads and Amazon (just a single sentence!), and like my author's profile.  Hit "like" on the reviews on Amazon.  Recommend Surviving Raine and the Evan Arden series to book bloggers - ANYTHING that might help promote me, and ask others to do the same.  Pretty, pretty please, with angst on top.

What do you get out of it?  Plain and simple - I'll have time to write more of the effed up characters you love to hate and hate to love.  I probably have a dozen books trying to bust out of my head, with just no time (and too much work stress) to get them out.  And don't think I'm done with fan-fiction, either - I'm definitely not.

Lots of you are fan-fiction fans of mine, and some of you are published fiction fans.  Hopefully, you've read some of both. :)  You have all been fabulously supportive of me over the last few years I have been doing this, and that has really, really shown in the support of my published works.  The success I have had is the only reason I'm even thinking about this.  Every one of you is valuable to me, and not just because you might buy one of my books, but because you've encouraged me and been with me every step of the way so far.  I'm just hoping you can help me a little bit more!

So, this is me begging.  I'm not the least bit comfortable doing that, but if you can help me make this work, I will promise to make it worth your while in the end!

Now I'm gonna go write some more...there are these crazy stories banging on my forehead.

Savage


No comments:

Post a Comment