1.08.2013

Tuesday Teaser - Caged Chapter 27!

I can't believe this story has hit chapter twenty seven, yet here it is.  It seems like I just started it, but then I realize at a post a week, I've been writing it for half a year.  Wow - now it feels like forever!

As I mentioned on Facebook, this chapter is coming a little slowly, and I'm trying to catch up from being on vacation.  It's entirely possible I'm not going to be able to update on Friday because I'm so far behind, but I'm still trying.  I really didn't think I'd get a teaser out today, but I managed!

Enjoy!

 

***
“I almost fucked her, you know.”

As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I regretted it, but I couldn’t take them back.  I looked out the patio door to the large brick-lined area right behind the house.  The intricate pattern looked like a star whose northern pointing ray led over to a large grill and a stone bar.

“Are you just saying that to piss me off?” Bella eventually responded.

“Pretty much,” I replied with a shrug.  I decided it wasn’t such a bad thing to bring up after all, all things considered.  I mean, Bella ought to know, right?

I was trying to convince myself it was in the spirit of disclosure, but really I just wanted a good reason not to ever go back to that fucking office ever again, and Bella telling me I couldn’t was as good an option as any.  I would have been willing to try something a lot more drastic if needed.

“It’s working.”  She let out a long sigh before dropping down onto the couch next to me. “I don’t think it would be very professional for a therapist to treat you after…after that.”

“That’s what she said.”

“Edward,” Bella sighed again.

I didn’t respond.

“Edward?”

When I didn’t respond again, she grabbed my arm and tried to turn me to look at her.

“Did you…?”

“I said almost,” I reminded her.

***

Ugh....silly, silly man.  Sometimes you ought to just keep your mouth shut.

I *HOPE* to see you Friday!  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment