12.25.2012

Tuesday Teaser - Caged Chapter 25

Thank you Unimaginative Olena for reminding me what day it is!  I honestly had completely forgotten it was a Tuesday, and she caught me just before I headed off to bed!

Here's a quick teaser for Caged Chapter 25!

***
“Why are you doing this?” I asked.  “I mean, I fucked up your son’s wedding, and I don’t think we’ve said ten words to each other in ten years.”

Chelsea’s brow furrowed.

“You’re Aro’s nephew,” she explained with simplicity.  “I’ve been waiting to do this for you since you went away all those years ago.  We’ve even talked about it…”

“Talked about it?”  It was my turn to be confused.  “What do you mean?  Who’s talked about it?”

“Aro and I have,” she told me.  “When he would worry about you, we’d talk about how someday you would come back to the family.  Aro thought you might come back here first, and we knew you had been in such a bad way…well, we figured you would need a little TLC when you decided to ask for it.  It was so hard for him to stop asking you to come home, but it made you so angry when he brought it up.  Aro was afraid you would get really hurt out there, and it made him feel better when we’d talk and plan for this day.”

Chelsea’s eyes glistened as she looked at me.

“He loves you so much, Edward.”

I stared at her blankly.  I remembered how often Aro used to come around and try to get me to talk to him – open up, come back home, take a job offer – but I had always told him to fuck off and leave me alone.  Eventually he didn’t come around as much, and ended up with visits once or twice a year with a much more subtle approach.

I had always been a total dick towards him when he came around.

“No one ever gave up on you, dear,” she said like she was reading my mind.  “When you pushed everyone away, we knew it was just a matter of time.  You can’t drag someone back from darkness until they’re ready to go with you.”

***

No truer words...people have to be ready to be helped.

See you on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment