8.14.2012

Tuesday Teaser! Caged Chapter 6!

Yes indeed, it is that time again!  Are you ready for a hot little snippet of this week's chapter of Caged?  Well, wait no longer!

***

“So what are you going to do the next time he shows up at your place?”  I quickened my pace a little as I guided Bella across the street.  I hopped up on the curb and tilted my head to look at her.

“I don’t know,” she replied.  She was staring at the ground again, and I wanted to harass her for it, but I also didn’t want her to change the subject on me.


“Wrong answer.”  I shook my head vigorously.  “Number one, you don’t let him in.  Number two, you call me.”


“I don’t want to drag you into my bullshit,” she said with a sigh. 


“Too late,” I said succinctly.  “And it wouldn’t matter anyway – I’m putting myself in it.”


“What happened to ‘it’s my life’?” she asked.  She reached up and pulled her hair out of its ponytail.


Damn, that was distracting.


I made myself focus on the conversation at hand, and not the enticing way her hair lay around on her shoulders.


“What are you going to do if he suddenly decides he’s going to drag you back there, huh?” I asked.  There was a hot spot in my stomach, driving the anger out of my gut and into my words.  “You going to say ‘no, please don’t’ – like you would have done with those rapists in the street?  Ask him politely?  You think that would work?”



***

More to come on Friday night, 10pm Eastern Time!  See you then!

Stop by the reading group and share your thoughts on the previous chapters!

1 comment:

  1. He is so distractable. I'm supposed to be working and your Edward is distracting me

    ReplyDelete