3.10.2012

Weekend Tease - Tempt My Tongue Chapter 9!

Ah, this vampire is all about the crazy, isn't he?

***
Images of my mother with her slender fingers gripping the lapels of Carlisle’s doctor’s coat flood through his mind.  Her tender plea – no, demand – rings in the ears of his memory.  Save my son – do anything within your power to save him.

He rights himself from his defensive crouch, and his eyes plead with me.

How could I deny her?

Again, I laugh.  The sound quickly turns from chortle to challenge, and a growl comes from deep within my chest.

“Deny her?” I yell.  “She wanted you to save my life, not end it!  You wanted a companion – a pet – so badly, and you needed the justification.  You used the dying wishes of a feverish woman to convince yourself to change me!  What did you think, that she had somehow figured out you were a vampire, and that you could change me into a blood sucking demon?  Do you think if she had known what you were she would have asked for her son to be like you?  Seriously Carlisle?”
***

There are only 2 chapters left in this fic.  Ponder that, then join the RobstenLove Reading group for TMT!

No comments:

Post a Comment