12.11.2012

Tuesday Teaser - Caged Chapter 23


It's Teaser time again!  All I can promise is that this one isn't near as bad as the last two teasers were.  If you survived them, you will survive this one. :)



***
“Can I see her?” I asked as I hauled myself back onto my feet.

“Get the fuck out of here,” Tanya growled.  “You are a lost cause.”


“I need to talk to her.”


“What, and tell her to kill the baby because you can’t manage to be a man?  You’re shit!”


She punched my gut again.  I cringed and rubbed at the spot before running my left hand up and over my head.


Mistake.


Tanya’s eyes widened as she grabbed my arm and twisted it.  Her eyes ran down the inside of my arm.


“You’re high,” she snarled as she practically threw my own hand back at me.


“Not now,” I said.  “I…I went a little crazy.  I’m straight now – really.”


“Lost cause,” she repeated.  “I’m done with you, Edward Cullen.  We’re done.  I’m not training you or helping you out with your shit anymore.  Fuck, Edward – I thought you had some real potential!  But you can’t get your head out of your ass long enough to make anything of it!”


“Please, Tanya,” I said, “I know she’s here.  I just want to talk to Bella.”


“No.”


“Bella!” I yelled over Tanya’s shoulder, and she shoved me back into the hallway.


“Get the fuck out of here,” she said as she moved herself to further block the doorway.


“Not until I see her,” I insisted.


“My building has actual security,” Tanya threatened.  “I’ll have them throw you out.”


“Do you think they can take me?” I asked, crossing my arms.  “I hope there’s more than one of them.”


“Get out!”


“I want to talk to her!”


“I don’t want to talk to you.” 


Instinctively, my head turned towards her voice.  Bella stood in the opening to Tanya’s guestroom, wrapped in a long purple robe which was tied around the waist.  It was dark in the hallway, and I couldn’t see her face well, but my heart started beating faster at the sound of her voice. 


“Please,” I begged, “just give me a chance.”



***
Sniff!

Until Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I just want to thank you for not cause me to have a heart attack with this teaser! Lol surprised where Bella turned but glad she found someone to help. Can't wait til Friday!!! Hope it's long!!! Much love!!!

    (that's what she said, hahaha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought for sure she was either going to Crazy Alice or his Uncle . I hope he finally tells her everything so they can work it out......that's if Bella will give him the chance.

    ReplyDelete