10.02.2012

Tuesday Teaser! Caged Chapter 13!

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Hope yours has been less eventful than mine has been.  I have just a few minutes to post this before taking the dog to the vet to find out if he blew out his other knee, so without further ado...


***
I moved around the plastic chair, newspapers, and various other crap on the floor and sat down next to Bella with my back leaning against the edge of the couch.  My ass hit the floor with a bit of a twinge, and I was really glad to be off of the damn motorcycle for a while.  I stretched my legs out and flexed my ankles until my backside loosened up a little.

“Did you and Brady have a nice talk?” Bella asked.  There was a little table next to the couch that must have been intended as a nightstand, because there were two good sized drawers in it.   Bella was taking stuff out of the bag and putting it in the drawers.  “You were out there a long time with him.”

“What the fuck are you doing?” I asked, ignoring her question.  I pointed my finger back and forth between the bag and the nightstand drawer.

“Putting things away,” she said with a shrug.

“You’ve been in the apartment for a month, and you’ve kept most of your shit in your suitcase,” I told her.  “But here you put everything away.  You did that in the hotel, too.”

She wouldn’t meet my eyes, and just shrugged again, which pissed me off.

“You go on about how I won’t say anything,” I grumbled.  “Maybe it’s time for you to talk.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” she asked.  She looked at me out of the corner of her eye, but didn’t stop taking things out of the Gorgon’s Gunnysack and placing them in the drawer.

“You don’t think that’s a little incongruous?”

“I think you using the word incongruous is incongruous.”

“Nice.”  I reached up and scratched at the back of my head.  “How about me using the word double standard?”

“That’s two words.”

“Well, at least my math sucks, huh?  Does that fit better with your impression of me?”

***

Ah these two - just trying to figure it all out, huh?

See you on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment