1.04.2011

Mid-Week Sneak Peek - UC Chapter 8

All right all you happy new year people - it's time for a sneak peek of the next chapter of UC! I'm still overwhelmed by all the responses to the last chapter, and haven't yet caught up on reviews, but I'm still working on it.

I appreciate everyone's understanding on the o/s switch. If I could get the kids out of the room, I'd get it ready for beta tonight. Assuming I don't fall asleep first.

And now...on with the teasing!

***
"Why would I cast you out?” Edward asked.

Did he want me to list all the reasons again, or was he looking for something else? I was certain I had spent more time second guessing myself in the last two days than I had in my entire life.

“You have…you could…there could be someone else you want to choose instead,” I whispered.

“What on earth are you talking about?”

I took a deep breath, and decided if I didn’t say it now, I probably never would.

“I saw you…last night,” I said. I took a deep breath. “You were with that pretty woman from the court.”

I felt his chest muscles contract under the side of my face, and his arms gripped me tighter for a moment before he relaxed again.

“What do you mean, you saw me?”

“You were in the garden,” I said. “I went out to see what it looked like at night while I was waiting for you. You were there…with that lady.”

“And?”

“You were talking…and I heard you say…”
***

There's a reason they call them "teasers." ;)

12 comments:

  1. Shoo-kids, begone! Mama needs to finish this chappy! Her fans need their UC fix.

    Bella, what you saw wasn't a "woman" or "lady". "Strumpet" is an apt description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love/hate your teaser, friday doesn't come soon enough, sigh..not sure to call you nice for giving us a teaser or just plain evil :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uggggggghhhhh! You. Are. Evil. LOL ... xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are killing me. But I love you anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pringles! pringles! pringles!!!!
    :)))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. EVVVIIIILLLLL. I am so crazed for the next chapter that this tease actually made me angry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evil evil evil teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. grrrr this was a good teaser, idk how i feel about this, see ----> :):

    friday????? i guess my friends visiting me at school before the semester starts will find out that i read fanfiction.... i hope your happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh you little c*cktease!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. ITS FRIDAY YEEEESSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh you little c*cktease!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Evil evil evil teaser!

    ReplyDelete