9.29.2013

Going Back to Kindle Exclusive

I gave "Smashwords" the old college try, as they say, and ultimately I am completely unsatisfied with the results.  For those who aren't "in the know" on such things, Smashwords is a place for Indie authors like me to make their books available in multiple formats - everything from PDFs to Nooks and everything in between.  Though there have been a few sales through that venue, it really hasn't been anything to write home about.  Indeed, it's not even generated enough to take the family out to dinner. :)

So, that said, I'm going to go back to Kindle Select, which means my eBooks will ONLY be available through Amazon for the Kindle, and will be removed from Smashwords, B&N, etc.  I know some people out there would truly prefer to read on their Nook or some other format, and I'm very sorry about that, but it ends up costing a lot in both money and time to make the books available in those other formats, and it just hasn't proven to be worth it overall.  Ultimately, I have to make the right business decision at this time.

This will allow me to do a couple of different things, including free promotions of books from time to time.  It also means all eBooks will be priced between $2.99-$9.99 per Kindle Select policy.  So, if you don't have a copy of Otherwise Alone, get one now while it's still $0.99!  It won't be much longer.

This also means all my books will again be available in the Amazon Lending Library if you are a Amazon Prime user, so you can read for free!  If you are using another device for your ebooks, do remember that Amazon has Kindle readers for just about everyone - PCs, Macs, Smartphones, iPads, etc.  Just follow the link below!


I'm also looking into something new Amazon has called "Kindle Matchbook," but I don't know much about it yet.  More to come!

Shay Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment