1.29.2013

Teaser Tuesday! Caged Chapter 29!

Wow!  Nearing chapter 30!  Who would have thought?  I'm much more on target this week on getting things done, so there shouldn't be any delays.  And on that note, I won't delay you any longer! :)

On with the show!

Or something...

***
I licked my lips and took a long breath.  My hand moved up and down Bella’s back, but there was still a lot of tension just underneath my skin.  The deep seeded desire to punch something was creeping up my spine and into my shoulders.  I wanted to swing, make contact, and feel the jarring sensation through my arm.  I wanted to feel the pain in my knuckles when I made a good hit.
Banner By Melissa Melton

I wanted to fight.

“You know I love you, don’t you?” I said.  My voice sounded desperate, but I wasn’t sure why.  I just knew it was important for her to know – like Irina had told me.

“I know, Edward,” she replied.  She pushed herself up and crossed her arms over my chest before resting her chin on her forearm.  “I love you, too.”

Her eyes smiled at me, but they didn’t offer comfort.  If anything, it distressed me more.

“I mean really, really love you,” I said with more earnest.  I wrapped both my arms up around her shoulders.   When I hugged her, I brought her a little further up my chest.

“I know,” she said again. 

“I’d do anything for you.”

She reached up and touched the tip of my nose with the tip of her finger.

“Edward, what are you getting at?”

“I…I want…”  I stopped.  I couldn’t say this.  I didn’t want to upset her.

“What do you want?” she pressed.

I sighed heavily.

“I want to fight again,” I said, and I felt Bella go tense under me.  
***

Hmmmm...what will her reaction be?  Hang on until Friday to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment