9.26.2010

Sunday Spoiler - Surviving Bella Chapter 10

Well, it couldn't hardly be a mid-week sneak peek at this time, could it? :) SB chapter 10 is close, and will probably post tomorrow. Here's a little snippit!

***
“I went kind of ballistic at that point, I guess,” I went on. I needed to get this done with before I couldn’t say any more, so I started speaking faster. “I trashed my apartment before jumping in my car and going about ninety back to her place. It was too late – they were already gone. I got on her computer and found out they had bought two tickets to Italy and were leaving that night.”

“That’s when Emmett called,” I said. “She had called him and I guess told him some of what happened. He told me to stay right where I was, and he’d come to get me.”

“I didn’t realize you knew Emmett then,” Bella said.

“Yeah, I knew him,” I answered. “Emmett was Carlisle’s other fighter, but that’s a whole different story.”

“I’m sorry,” Bella said. Her fingers began to massage the back of my neck. “Go on.”

“I wasn’t about to listen to him and stick around. I wanted to stop her from getting on the plane. I thought if I could just talk to her and tell her how much I needed her and how I was going to retire and that I had a plan for us…I thought if she would just listen…just for a minute. I didn’t get the chance, because Emmett must have been pretty damn close to her place when he called. I was backing out of her driveway and he slammed into the back of my Ferrari, the bastard. We ended up in a fist fight, and it’s probably a miracle one of us didn’t kill the other. Maybe we would have, but Carlisle pulled up, got out of his car, hit me in the side with a tazer, and drove off again. Emmett knocked me unconscious and hauled me back home.”
***

I'm also hoping to get part two of Judging Books done this week and posted next weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Edward is finally telling Bella everything? Looking forward to the entire story myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the teaser. I'm looking forward to finding out Edward's whole story.

    ReplyDelete