9.29.2010

Mid Week Sneak Peek - Judging Books, Part 2

All right, this one is at least coming along nicely. I've really appreciated all of the great reviews it has received with only one chapter out there! I think it passed 100 reviews yesterday! Here's a little teaser for the next chapter!

***

"You remember when we first met and I said you were pretty?" he asked.

"Well, yes," I responded, feeling my cheeks warm. "That was only yesterday."

"I was an idiot yesterday," Edward said. "You're incredibly beautiful."

My cheeks went from warm to blazing, and I had to look away for a minute. I wasn't used to such comments, even with guys I had dated in the past. I really wasn't sure how to respond.

"They knew it, too," Edward said quietly.

"Who knew what?" I asked, confused.

"Past boyfriends who never told you how beautiful you are. They saw it, they just didn't say it."

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"You're blushing," he said. "That means you aren't used to people telling you that. Also, most guys are pretty inept at relationships, and never tell girls what they want to say because they're afraid they'll sound stupid."

"Are you just that good at relationships?" I had to ask.

"No," Edward responded. "But at least I learn from my mistakes."

***

6 comments:

  1. he is just too sweet... I can't wait to read the chapter...

    kikabr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. This Edward is just so endearing. I love how he lives like there is no tomorrow. He says what he feels. There's no room for bullshit in his life. He sees Bella, he wants to meet her, he wants to get to know her. So that's what he does. No hesitation. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jjohnson78587: EXACTLY! Heh, heh. My brain is befuddled this morning and I could not articulate what it IS about this Edward that I find do engaging...and you said it, sista!

    Shay, I'm REALLY looking forward to you next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....can´t wait, can´t wait, can´t wait.....release it please.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love his no bullshit, right to the point attitude. I'm looking forward to reading the rest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....can´t wait, can´t wait, can´t wait.....release it please.... :)

    ReplyDelete