6.29.2010

Surviving Bella - Chapter 4 Teaser

It's 3:00am and I can't sleep, so I finished chapter 4 of Surviving Bella and sent it off to beta instead.

Here's a teaser for you! It ain't going to be pretty...

I rocked back and forth on my knees, heaving what little had been in my stomach into the sea. After a dozen retches I was only dry-heaving, which I always thought was worse than actual puking. It wouldn’t stop, and my stomach muscles were aching even more.

My hands were shaking so bad I was having a hard time just keeping myself perched on the edge of the raft, near the entrance without just tossing myself overboard. I could feel my heart beating so hard in my chest, I wouldn’t have been totally shocked to see it come bursting right out of my skin. Sweat began to pour down the back of my neck, which I just had to fucking stop because I was going to get dehydrated enough as it was.

“Anthony?”

I felt a soft hand touch the top of my shoulder, and I immediately pulled away from the sensation.

“Don’t fucking touch me!” I screamed, not even knowing why. At the very least, I was already hyper sensitive all over. Even the feeling of my knees against the bottom of the raft was pissing me off. The last thing I needed was her hands on me, trying to give me some kind of fucking comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment